Participants and Gyms
The Modus – Fight Club Edition 2015/2016
1. Over the course of four to eight weeks each gym is going to host a qualifying round. Depending on the gym, local route setters will create 60 or 100 new problems spanning the whole difficulty range and labelled each with custom start/finish tags.
2. During the qualifying round at your gym you will have plenty of time to crack the problems. The number of attempts is up to you – the only thing that matters in the end is whether you manage to send it or not.
3. After registering at your gym you receive a scorecard and a login to your online scorecard, on both of which you can tick your topped problems. For each sent problem you receive one point. For up-to-date scores and results go to Link.
4. After qualifying is completed, the top 21 athletes of each gym – at least seven of which have to be female – will be facing off against each other in the regional Battles of Group A-J. 40 fresh problems will be set to challenge each team. As in the qualifying round the teams earn one point for each topped problem, regardless of the amount of attempts needed. However, each team member is scored separately; hence, the teams can gain up to 21 points per problem. The places and dates for the Battles will be announced shortly after the qualification period.
5. The scores of the top 18 athletes of each team – at least six of them female – will be totalled to form the team score. The top-scoring team from each Battle – two or three teams, depending on the Group – qualify for the Final and will be sending their ten best climbers – at least three of them female – to Wuppertal. Should an athlete qualified for the Final have to drop out, the team athlete with the highest following score from the Battle may be nominated.
Final and SuperFinal
6. The Final and Super Final will take place at the DAV Kletterzentrum Wupperwände and the Historische Schwimmoper in Wuppertal respectively on 5 March 2016. Finalists will have from 12am to 6pm to attack 40 boulder problems. Once again one point will be awarded for each topped problem, regardless of the amount of attempts, and each team member will be scored separately.
7. At 8pm the Super Final will commence at the Historische Schwimmoper, with the top 6 athletes (at least two of them female) of the top 6 teams going head to head on six problems. Each finalist climbs only one of the six problems, and the teams determine beforehand which problem each team member attacks. Each athlete then has three attempts to send it.